Communicating with Private Chat
During a meeting, you can have a private chat with one or more meeting participants. With a private chat, only those who are invited to participate in the chat can see the chat or can exchange chat messages with their chat partners. Some participants might not have permission to chat. This permission is set by the server administrator.
Chatting with an individual
- Do one of the following to chat with another individual in the meeting:
Click Send to send the message.
- Double-click the name on the participants list with whom you want to chat.
- Right click on the name and choose New Chat.
Chatting with more than one person
You can send an invitation to multiple people in the meeting to join a private chat.
- Do the following to invite others to a chat:
If you clicked Invite Others, then enter the appropriate information in the "Invite to Collaboration" dialog box. To add people to the list of Invitees, enter a user name in the User name field. You can enter a first name, a last name, or both first and last names. (If more than one person has the name you enter, a list appears and you can choose the appropriate name.)
- Press CTRL and click the names of those in the participants list with whom you want to chat. Select Actions - New Chat and then skip steps 2 and 3.
- If you are already chatting with an individual, click the Invite Others icon at the top of the chat window, and the complete steps 2 and 3.
Tip To search for a name, type all or part of the name in the "Search for person or group" field and click Search. Select the name or names and then click Add.
An invitation is sent to the appropriate people; they can respond to the invitation by sending you a private message, joining the chat, or closing the invitation dialog box.